Indices and tables¶
The GooseEYE package is relies on the components below. Each have proved to be extremely attractive from an implementation side, and are therefore worth mentioning on the landing page.
- All implementation is in C++.
- The Python interface is generated using pybind11. This project is particularly worth mentioning as it is extremely easy to use, and requires almost no code. Moreover it is header-only, so it requires no installation whatsoever. One just clone from GitHub and gets on its way.
- The GUI is build using Qt which is completely free professional platform, that even comes with a graphical design tool: Qt Creator. Using the latter the full GUI is designed in a graphical way. One just connects some functionality using a C++ back-end. This code is even generated and accessed from Qt Creator.
- The plotting in the GUI is done using QCustomPlot with which professional plots, including PDF exports, can be effortlessly made in a Qt application.
- The code itself is freely hosted on the well-know platform GitHub.
- The documentation, that you are reading right now, is freely hosted by Read the Docs. Its usability is very good: it automatically collects and builds the documentation when a new version is committed to GitHub.